The ball valve is a very important accessory, but after using it for a long time, it will not feel very useful, so some people will think about replacing the valve core to solve the problem. Can the valve core be replaced when the ball valve is broken? Let’s watch together.
1. Can the valve core be replaced if the ball valve is broken?
It can be replaced, but since the ball valve has been damaged and there may not be a matching valve core, in order to avoid leakage, it is recommended to replace the whole set. When replacing, first close the main gate, then loosen the nut with a wrench, then remove the entire ball valve counterclockwise, then wipe the water stains, put on a new ball valve and tighten the nut, and finally wrap the wire with raw material tape. Deduct it.
2. What are the precautions for ball valve maintenance
1. Before use, you can wash the pipes and devices with water, so that some residual debris can be removed, and they will not run into the valve body, resulting in damage to the ball valve. Under normal circumstances, it will still bear a certain pressure in the closed state. Therefore, when the valve body is damaged or needs to be repaired, the sluice should be closed first and the shut-off valve should be closed, which will release the pressure in the inner cavity and reduce the occurrence of dangerous accidents. .
2. If you need to clean the interior, be careful not to damage the sealing ring, which will affect the entire effect. When removing it, you can put it in a conspicuous place. Of course, when re-installing it, you should also pay attention to fixing it to avoid falling. The same is true when replacing it. You can fix the screws on the flange first, and then fix other nuts.
3. During cleaning and maintenance, some special solvents may be used. In this case, it should be noted that the liquid cannot affect the accessories, otherwise corrosion will occur, which will affect the pipeline and thus the medium. Of course, the choice of cleaning agent will be different for different media. For example, if you use gas, you can choose gasoline for cleaning. When cleaning, you should clean up the dust and oil on it.
Summary: Can the valve core be replaced if the ball valve is broken and the precautions for ball valve maintenance are introduced here. I hope the above content can help you. For more information, please continue to pay attention to our website, and we will present more exciting content for you in the future.
Post time: Mar-08-2022